I used to think that hosting an essential oil party would be hard. The Key? Make things simple and create an oil experience!! It’s really not as hard to host an essential oil sampling party as it sounds!
Here is a list of things you’ll need for your Essential Oil Sampling party:
- 15 ml bottles of Lemon, Lavender, & Peppermint for sampling (also known as the Introductory Kit)
- Print outs of 101 Ways to Use the Intro Kit
- Welcome to doTERRA brochure – see the online version here
- Living Magazines (These can be purchased in packs of 10 – 25 through your back office)
- Sample bottles (I like these from aromatools.com – not affiliate link)
- Peppermint Beadlets (optional)
- A Water bar with glass glasses and choices of essential oils to put in, such as Lemon, Grapefruit, Wild Orange, & Peppermint are all good choices
- Snacks made with essential oils
How to Host an Essential Oil Sampling Party
Invite all your friends and family over for an hour of fun and playing with essentials oils. Gather around your dining room table and talk for 10 – 15 minutes about essential oil and how they can benefit our lives.
You don’t need to go over every point or thing you’ve ever learned. Give enough information to get them started and then let the guests start talking, reading, laughing, and experiencing.
- Give each guest a Peppermint Beadlet and let them experience the “high” that comes with dissolving it on their tongue. 🙂 This gets the oils in them (Internal Use). They are tasting 7 cups of Peppermint Tea at once! (one drop of Peppermint equals 28 cups of Peppermint Tea, and there’s only about a 1/4 drop in each beadlet)
- Have them rub Peppermint on their forehead or back of the neck to experience the energizing benefits. (Topical Use) Make sure you have some Fractionated Coconut Oil or other carrier to dilute the Peppermint 🙂
- Then have them smell the Lavender, either straight out of the bottle or from their hands. (Aromatic Use) Make sure that you are using your diffuser with Lemon or Peppermint to keep everyone awake and focused. 🙂
- Have copies of the 101 Ways to Use the Intro Kit handy and answer questions as they arise.
You have now had the guests experience all 3 ways that doTERRA essential oils can be used! 🙂
Keep your party to a maximum of 1 hour and leave the guests anticipating the next event, even if you will be teaching straight from the Product Guide. Every person should leave with a sample of their favorite oil, a welcome brochure, a Living Magazine, and a copy of the ways to use the oil they chose. (Each oil has it’s own section, and it will be easy to copy them.) This will whet their appetite and make them want to learn more. 🙂
F0llow Up with an Invitation to Class!
Make sure to invite them to the class that you are hosting and tell them to be ready to share how they used their sample. Place value on the sample and materials that you give them and express how happy you are that they are ready to experience a healthier way of living.
Most of the time people will want to stay and talk more about oils, or ask if you have other ones they can play with. I let them talk and visit and remind them that they can learn more at our event hosted on such and such a date, and where it will be located.
A Sampling Party really can be simple! It does not have to be hard or cost you lots of money. 🙂 You could even decide not to give each person a Living Magazine, but I would still have at least 2 there to be passed around. 🙂
What you want to create is an oil experience!!
Do you have sampling parties? If so, what are some of the things you’ve done?
I’d love to hear!!